New year wish! Hear my own voice on my sonos system. Any chance sonos can make a mixer box or wifi microphone?

• 31 December 2021
  • 3 replies

I finish builded beam gen2 + sub gen3+ pair of One SL system before this Chrismas for my home theater. This system works great and i really love it.  

I really love listen music with this system, and it makes me want to sing. I expect that my own voice comes out from sonos sound system. to enchance this home theater system to a karaoke system too.

I made my research and there are some difficults,

first of all, Most of smart TVs Can install Karaoke apps and bluetooth connection,but Microphone can not be just connect and use. 

second, sonos system need HDMI eARC for dolby atmos, ,and most TV can not output 2 audio at same time, and Beam and Arc dont have extra port for connection.

Third, most of the mixer on the market dont have HDMI eARC pass through or the whole setup become a nightmare of cables.

I hope sonos can make a mixer with dolby atmos pass through to enchance the connection of sonos system plus a pair of karaoke microphone. with its nice design and wifi system intergrated.

Maybe this can make home theater system to a next level home entertaiment system. 

3 replies

Due to the nature of Sonos’ need to buffer all inputs by 75ms in order to play in sync across all products, it seems fairly unlikely. 

Due to the nature of Sonos’ need to buffer all inputs by 75ms in order to play in sync across all products, it seems fairly unlikely. 

Then let the mic input at 75ms lag everything works fine together right?

You could do that right now by using a microphone with a line level output to a Sonos device that has an analog input, such as the Port or Five. What Sonos doesn’t allow is the mixing of two inputs, since they don’t have the electronics for that. I assume that they’ve chosen to leave the karaoke market for specialized devices, and kept their focus on music playback.