New user

• 4 December 2021
  • 3 replies

I have the Beam & 2 Ones which I have set up as surround, they are all TV side of room, to add to side where we sit would you suggest a Five or another couple of One’s, want the sound rather than just the bass which sub provides

3 replies

Userlevel 7

I would go with a Five. IMO, it is Sonos’ best speaker for music. But If you want more stereo separation, go with a pair of Ones or One SLs.

NOTE: If you group these new speakers with your current Beam/Ones setup while listening to TV audio, you will probably experience a slight audio delay from the new speakers. Streaming music will be in sync though.

If the surround speakers are on the same side of the room as the TV,  you lose the purpose of surrounds.  Surrounds should be located behind and/or to the sides of the seating area, depending on the room.  Placing them in the same plane as the TV means all surround effects are nullified, and the sound will be muddy.

Thx both for comments, tend to play music more than movies etc. so changed ‘ones’ to Stereo pair, borrowed kitchen speaker for side of room we sit which we felt was better so now to buy another pair of Ones, e.g stereo each side or one Five ?