Answered

New to Sonos

• 20 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi,

I just ordered the home theater setup. My question is I think I under ordered. Would you recommend two gen 3 subs with the 5’s for the rear? Versus 1 sub and the one sl ‘s in the rear. Also would you recommend the amp for that. What can I do to maximize my Sonos experience. 

thank you 😊 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 20 June 2021, 03:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

The Arc with one Sub and two One SLs for rear surrounds is sufficient. Unless you have a very large room and require more bass, two Fives as surrounds and a second Sub is overkill for most settings.

The Amp cannot be added to your current setup unless you want to replace the two One SLs with a pair of in-ceiling or in-wall rear surround speakers powered by an Amp.

Badge

Thank you Brother. The set up will not be in a large room. I am used to an audio file type setup for home theater. I like full sound with a tight bass. I ran a Rotel Amp and receiver with paradigm speakers. I know this isn’t that but it was time to down size. After researching my options Sonos seemed to fit for what I was doing and has a great rep so I thought I’d give it my ears and see how it goes. I haven’t heard the whole set up so I have no idea. I just want to feel the music and action my friend. 
Thanks for your input 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

The setup Guitarsuperstar mentioned above would be perfect. I have that in our home theater and it works great. 

Badge

Thanks. I’m looking forward to it. It should arrive tomorrow 💪