Answered

New Sonos Arc wallmount

Is the wallmount for the Playbar and the Arc the same?

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 11 June 2020, 04:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @a0royal 

The short answer is No. Click each to see differences in mounts:

Arc

Playbar

Cheers!

Dang. Thanks for the reply.

Arc can detect its mount and changes the equalization when mounted.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Does anyone know if the Arc wall mount is invisible enough that the colour doesn’t matter? I am planning on getting a white one but the wall mount appears to only be available in black. 

Userlevel 7

Hi @AndrewLC 

I wouldn’t worry about the Arc mount being visible regardless of color. Here’s why…

1. All pictures on Sonos that show the Arc mounted do not reveal any exposure of the mounting bracket (assuming the pics weren’t edited).
  2. The chart in inches (cm) shows the dimensions of the Arc and the Mount.
  3. The YouTube video link shows the back of the Arc and the mounting area which I’m pretty sure will hide the bracket from a face-on view.  

https://youtu.be/wqEH4Bey-ZU

Cheers!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks!

doesnt seem like available until end of July now and given other threads about poor sound quality I’m not sure whether to just stick with beam + sub and connect amp for surrounds. Was hoping for a significant step up in quality.

Userlevel 7

@AndrewLC

What reviews/threads on poor sound quality? All that I have read are overall positive. Can’t imagine anyone claiming that the Beam sounds better ???

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I just stumbled on a very long thread of people saying the Arc sounds terrible and bass sounds blown out especially when not used with a sub. Seems Sonos are looking into it. 10 pages long already!

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/sonos-arc-muddy-bottoming-out-bass-6842379

With your head nearly against the wall, looking behind Arc, you’ll be a be to see a black edge on the bracket. It will require some effort to do this. If this is not acceptable, then paint the edges white.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Did you get out of the wrong side of bed? Actually thinking about it you got up at 4am...the reason I asked was that the bracket is very much visible with the Beam and I wondered if they just haven’t gotten round to making a white version yet. I’m going to wait until I’m sure whatever issue is causing sound problems with the early models has been resolved anyway.

You need to be very close to the Arc and viewing from above at an extreme angle to see the mount.