Question

New Outdoor Patio

• 6 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello. We are in the process of renovating our older home, and we are going to add an outdoor patio. The patio will be covered. The electronics not be exposed to direct weather, but we do have a fair amount of summer humidity where we live.

We are going to mount a tv in a protected area, but I'm looking advice on speakers. I would rather not add an amplifier. We primarily want to listen to tv or stream music, and would like to switch between the two seamlessly. We will be streaming tv via roku or chromecast.

My original thought was a Sonos Arc, but I am worried about the humidity. A Sonos 5 is a possibility, but I am unsure if you can direct wire into the tv.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

The Arc and Five are not designed for outdoor use, especially in a high-humidity environment, so I wouldn’t recommend those two options. If you want to stay with the Sonos ecosystem, your best option for outdoor use would be a Sonos Amp connected to your TV via HDMI ARC and powering a pair of outdoor speakers.