Answered

New (Oct 2021) SONOS upgrade program

• 25 October 2021
  • 10 replies

If I participate in the new (Oct 2021) SONOS upgrade program does that brick my old speaker that I’m upgrading or can I still use it?  I’m thinking of getting a MOVE but not sure i wish to pay $400.

Thanks - Mark

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 25 October 2021, 18:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

You can still use it.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/upgrade

Thanks melvimbe - I missed that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What is new about the upgrade program in October? Did something change??

It looks like One Gen 1 and Beam Gen 1 are now eligible for 15% discount upgrade. Play 5 Gen 2 is eligible as well, not sure if it was previously.

The email that I received said 30% off but it seems on the site everything available for upgrade is only 15% off. Either the promotion only lasted 6 days or the email was misleading.

Your email says “save up to 30% off”.  Some of the older products are good for 30% off, while the less old are 15%  If you only have less old stuff, then you only get the 15% discount.

Misleading perhaps, but not sure Sonos should spell out all the details in the email.

Yeah a little misleading with the ‘any speaker, soundbar..” to say the least. Considering I have a few original Play: 1, Connect: Amp. I’d be curious to know what qualifies as ‘old stuff’. :thinking:

Userlevel 7

The email that I received said 30% off but it seems on the site everything available for upgrade is only 15% off. Either the promotion only lasted 6 days or the email was misleading.

“and save UP TO 30%

30% discount applies if you redeem these products:

• CR200
  • PLAY: 5 (GEN 1)
  • CONNECT (GEN 1)
  • CONNECT:AMP (GEN 1)
  • BRIDGE (discount can only be used on a BOOST)

15% discount applies if you redeem these products:

• BEAM (GEN 1)
  • ONE (GEN 1)
  • PLAY:1
  • PLAY:3
  • PLAY:5 (GEN 2)
  • PLAYBAR
  • PLAYBASE
  • CONNECT (GEN 2)
  • CONNECT:AMP (GEN 2)

Read more here:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/legal/upgrade-terms

Your email says “save up to 30% off”.  Some of the older products are good for 30% off, while the less old are 15%  If you only have less old stuff, then you only get the 15% discount.

Misleading perhaps, but not sure Sonos should spell out all the details in the email.

I agree from a marketing standpoint. Either way I’m quite happy with my older equipment until a better discount comes along. Loving my SONOS system for the past 7 years and it keeps growing so no complaints either way.

Yeah a little misleading with the ‘any speaker, soundbar..” to say the least. Considering I have a few original Play: 1, Connect: Amp. I’d be curious to know what qualifies as ‘old stuff’. :thinking:

“‘on any speaker, soundbar...” means that you can apply the discount (earned from your existing gear) to the purchase of any singe item in the store.  As an example, a $200 dollar Play:1 will get you 15% off a $2,086 Surround Set with Arc + Sub for a savings of $312.

Understood that if you don’t need a home theatre setup, the discount isn’t going to change your mind.  And if your play:1 is fine, 15% off a Sonos One might not be enough motivation to upgrade.  However, when/if you design to expand or the Sonos One gets an upgraded feature not on the play:1, it should help.