Answered

New House - my wishes

• 11 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello guys, hello Sonos!

I would like to ask you what I need to buy for my whises? I want to have 5.1.2 system (DolbyAtmos) but I will have everything connected to a smart installation (GIRA).

WIHSES:

• I don’t want to have a rear speaker for the sofa (only in wall - see in picture - ‘’stenski zvočnik’’)
  • I would have two speakers above the sofa (see in picture -‘’stropni zvočnik)
  • I would also prefer to have speakers in the wall with the TV (see in picture - ‘’stenski zvočniki’’ but I do not know if it is necessary.
  • what is the sound from the wall speakers? it is better?
  • I want to have good position but not professional.I like to watch movies and enjoy the good effects
  • I don't want wi-fi sound system (because you have to charge)
  • I don't want visible cables

I will buy:
    2x Sonos IN-WALL (for position at TV)
    1x SONOS SUB 
    1x SONOS ARC (Dolby Atmos) (for position under TV)
    2x SONOS IN-WALL (for position behind sofa)
    2x SONOS IN-CELLING (for position above sofa)

What do you think guys? Is that position fine(see in picture)? I need this information because we are planning an electrical installation for a new house.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 11 April 2021, 01:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Sorry to break the news, but your only option for a 5.1.2 Sonos home theater setup is a Sonos Arc, a Sonos Sub, and two in-wall or in-ceiling rear surround speakers powered by a Sonos Amp.

Thank you very much @GuitarSuperstar  for the answer but still if you look at the picture, what kind of system is it - 7.1?

You think I really don’t need to
- 2x front speakers (in the wall or sonos two room set)
- 2x rear speakers (in the wall)
- 2x ceiling speakers (above the sofa)
- 1x sonos Arc (under tv)
- 1x sonos sub

Can you please mark in the picture what do you think? I will be very grateful for this … 

But how satisfied are you with the sound at Sonos?

The Arc is already 3.0.2. So your desired setup can comprise Arc + 2 SUBs + 1 AMP driving the rear speakers. 5.2.2 is the maximum, Sonos can’t do 7.x.

Userlevel 7

@Smilja The Arc alone is actually a 5.0.2 sound bar.

@project59 Your picture is showing a 5.1.2 setup with four extra speakers. The two front speakers and two ceiling speakers aren’t part of the 5.1.2 setup. You could “group” these four speakers with the 5.1.2 system but they would only act as stand-alone stereo pairs, not left and right front channels or Dolby Atmos height channels. And they would also have a slight audio delay compared to the 5.1.2 setup when watching movies or TV.

@Smilja The Arc alone is actually a 5.0.2 sound bar.

Yes, by emulating surround sound, if no actual surround speakers are present.