Skip to main content
Question

New Home Theater and Music Setup Advice

• 18 July 2024
  • 0 replies

I’m moving into a new home and looking for advice on multiple sonos products before buying.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Primary listening room is an open concept living/dining/kitchen area (~35’x35’ with 20’ ceilings).  65” LG TV with E-Arc connection wall mounted.  Was considering the Arc speaker connected to this TV with E-Arc cable and supported by the Sonos sub.  I have a hard line ethernet cable run to this wall from the office if you suggesting plugging it into the Arc sound bar.  Rear surrounds would sit much further back in the room and likely higher on some cabinets.  Debating between Era 300s and Fives for the rears.  This primary room will be for TV watching, movies, and streaming music.  I’d like this room to be hands free and voice controlled completely if possible.  I’ve had high end setups in the past but i’m trying to simplify this time.  Focusing more on voice control with no remotes or phones needed.

I’m considering an Era 100 in the master bedroom, spare bedroom, and office for streaming music and a two Move 2s for music on a large back deck.  These seem like easier choices.

1.  I’m guessing most of my music streaming will be stereo so I thought the Fives would be better but I don’t want to lose out on what the Era 300s offer for movies in the primary room.  Which is my best option?
  2. Should I connect the Arc to a hard line ethernet cable and have everything else on wi-fi?  The house is only 1900 sqft and I should get pretty good coverage.  Any advice on which brand/model router/mesh system works best with Sonos?
  3. I have Ring cameras and doorbell and plan to use Alexa voice assistant on all speakers.  Any concerns or advice on that?
  4. I’ve read terrible posts about the new Sonos App.  Is this something that will be corrected in the near term or should I consider a non-Sonos solution for this house instead?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!  - new guy

0 replies

Be the first to reply!