new home system

• 18 March 2021
  • 4 replies

I am wondering what is my best option for a new home wifi system. The home will also feature a lot of internet plug ins. Mainly want in the living room and kitchen, with a porch speaker and possibly able to connect in Master bathroom. Thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

If you want to be able to play the same music in perfect sync at the same time across more than one room, it is hard to recommend any other than Sonos because they still do this better than anyone else, to an extent that justifies the higher prices.

If this feature is not required, there are many choices; for example an Echo device wired to a speaker/s of the required quality. Many such options are there at lower price points.

Thanks Kumar. What form Sonos will accomplish this? I saw many speaker types and such and wished to know what is best to purchase from Sonos.

Start with one Sonos One and see how it sounds in all the places you want music; you may then find that all you need is more of the same depending on how many listening areas you have and where you want a stereo effect. Even in a covered porch where mains power is available, the same model may suffice. The bathroom can be a little tricky because of the need for mains power, but there are now battery powered Sonos speakers available like the new Roam that will serve there.

Thank you!