Answered

New Home Renovation - Help me join the family

• 10 May 2019
  • 1 reply

I am in process of purchasing a new home, which will then be going through some renovations. I was all set (in my mind) to purchase a Playbar, 2 Ones, and the Sub for my main room entertainment. Then of course I find out there is the new in wall/ceiling system coming out shortly... with a 1yr old child ready to run havoc, having a built in system limiting wires has some appeal.

Either system will be used at least 90% of the time to play the sound for what is on TV. I would eventually add outdoor speakers, but that would be used for streaming music and not what is on the primary TV.

Which set up will provide the best sound experience? Playbar/Ones/Sub combo vs 4 Ceiling Speakers/Sub?

If either of these two items factor in at all; the room is fairly large with high ceilings, and I plan to purchase an LG OLED TV. Thank you in advance!
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 10 May 2019, 16:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I would go with the playbar/Ones/sub option. It will be cheaper overall, and sound better. You want the sound to come from the direction of the TV, not from ceiling. If it's in your renovation budget, I'd look to have an electrician put a power outlet where you'd mount the TV. You could also mount the Ones on the wall, if it makes sense, so put power outlets there as well. Since you know you want speakers outside, definitely do the speaker wiring at the same time. You can get an amp and speakers later on.