Answered

New Build Pre-Wire and Sonos Sonance and Arc

• 25 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello.  We are building a home and we are finalizing our low voltage pre-wire plans now.  We are having Sonos amps and Sonance in-ceiling speakers mounted in a few rooms.  I would like to use the Sonance in-ceiling speakers located in the living room as rear surrounds.  We plan on purchasing a Sonos ARC and Sonos sub to round out the package.  I planned on having all three Amps located in the bistro closet.  Do I need to have the living room Amp in the living area or is fine in the closet?  Also wondering if the living room Sonance can pull double duty as the rears as well as just streaming music when not watching tv.  Thank you in advance for any assistance.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 25 February 2022, 03:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The private 5 GHz wireless connection between the Arc and any surrounds need to be in the same room for best performance.  If put in the closet, consider wiring in an Ethernet connection for both the Arc and the Amp.

Userlevel 7

It depends on where the bistro closet is located. When the Amp is being used as surrounds, it will need to connect wirelessly to the Arc. Because of this, Sonos recommends that the Amp be in the same room and have line-of-sight to the Arc.

You can stream music through the speakers wired to the Amp when not watching TV, but the music will also play out of the Arc and Sub because they are all bonded together as a home theater setup.

Thank you both for the direction. I suppose the distro closet would be better than the bistro closet, lol, but based on the feedback it is probably best to just have the living room amp in the living room.