Need TV setup but no room for a sound bar, Use 2 x Play One's instead?

• 25 July 2018
  • 2 replies

My TV is mounted above a fireplace and given the placement I don't have enough room to mount a soundbar of any size (I have about 2" between my mantle and the bottom of the TV...and no, I don't want a smaller TV!)

I'm thinking of using 2 Play One's to connect to my TV either on stands, or mounted on either side of the TV. I recognize I would have to use a Connect as well, and I have an optical cable that runs from my TV to a media area so the setup is relatively easy.

I don't really care about full 5.1 setup, I just want better sound quality than my TV currently offers.

Any recommendations on whether this setup is adequate, or any recommendations on an alternate setup that might make this better?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Play 1's won't work for TV sound. You will have a delay. I would suggest moving your TV up an inch or 2 more and getting a Beam. You only need 2.75 inches for a Beam.If you can pull this off, I think it's your best option.
Mugs - thanks for the reply. I misread the Beam dimensions and that may actually work for me. I'll give that a shot to see if I like the way it works/looks with my setup.