Need help in Projector

HI friends,

I have purchased Sonos Bar, Woofer and two back speakers and made 5.1 wireless home theater. I have a 140 Inc projector screen at my house. I have couple of questions.
1) Could you please help me to find out the right projector compatible with Sonos?
2) If i found some thing compatible with Sonos do i need to buy any sonos connect to use my existing 5.1 speakers?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

There really isn't any projector that is more "compatible" with Sonos than any other projector. They all suffer the same issue....the device that's generating the sound signal is at the back of the room, and the speaker is at the front of the room. Finding a way to connect those two is always challenging.

I don't understand your second question. I'm not sure what you mean by "compatible with Sonos". Can you give us some additional information?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, Vicky999. Bruce is correct in saying that there isn't any projector more compatible than another.

In my experience, the projector just needs to have either Optical Audio out or HDMI ARC. In my house, I have an LG HF65LA Short Throw Projector in my bedroom connected to a Beam 5.1 system. The projector simply acts like a TV would and has my Xbox One and Nintendo Switch plugged into the projector (via HDMI switch) as sources with all audio coming out the Beam via HDMI ARC.

The short throw projector type addresses that challenge Bruce was talking about 😉