Question

Multiple devices to sonos ARC

• 7 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I currently have a setup with an amplifier and 5 sorround standard speakers with a connection to a blu ray playewr, PS4 and a nintendo switch. Would it be possible to replace the amplifier and speakers with a sonos ARC and how would I have to do to connect multiple HDMI devices in to it?

The TV I have is 6 months old OLED capable of handling Dolby Vision.

Many Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I assume that your “amplifier’ is an A/V receiver. The A/V unit will have more control options and audio processing, such as equalizers and different surround modes, than AMP, but you may not be using these. As a trial, move all of your sources to the TV and run audio back to the A/V receiver using an optical cable. Disable all of the fancy options that the A/V unit might provide, configure the unit to not use the center speaker, use Dolby audio (Not DTS), then decide if this is a good approach for you. ARC supports some features, such as tone controls and dialog enhancement, but it does not include all of the “buttons” that are typical of traditional A/V units. Love or hate of the “buttons” is a personal thing. Dolby Vision is not supported.