Answered

Mounting my new arc and have some questions?

• 28 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • Contributor II
  • 15 replies

I have a LG CX and what to mount it to my wall.  But I have a lot of questions?  I am using this mount fo LG https://www.vogels.com/en-us/c/thin-505-extrathin-fixed-tv-wall-mount

I have read this:

When wall-mounting, it is recommended to have a clearance of at least 5.5 inches between the TV and Arc. As per important safety information one of the lists states; Do not block any ventilation openings. Leave a recommended space of 4“ (10cm) around the unit.

1. How high should I mount my LG to the wall?
  2. How high should I mount my arc?
  3. Which mount for ARC?  Should I get the mount that can extend 2 inches?  https://www.sanus.com/en_US/products/mounts/wssatm1/ or get the flat mount?  I want the arc to be as closed to wall as possible.
  4. Do I need a mount that has magnet?
  5. Once I get my TV Mounted, I should mount arc 4inch or 5.5 inch below TV?  
  6. it is recommended to have a clearance of at least 5.5 inches.  

Any hints or suggestion would be great.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by James L. 1 March 2021, 11:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hi @Zog, welcome to the community.

I’ll answer your questions in the same format you asked them.

1. The height of your TV is down to personal preference, though most would agree it should be at or around eye level from your primary viewing position.
  2. The Arc should be at least 5.5” below the TV.
  3. Choice of mount is completely up to you - if you leave the recommended 5.5” gap between the Arc and the TV you could choose either.
  4. A magnet isn’t required in a mountbut it does let the Arc’s software know that it’s mounted correctly and could improve the listening experience.
  5. It should be 5.5” below the TV, and have clearance of 4” on all other sides.

Hope that helps!