Looking to get a new 65" TV

• 5 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Looking to get a new 65”TV , What brand works best with Sonos ? Some people have reported eARC problems with Sony X90J and that was the TV I was about to get . Another model I was looking at was the Hisense U8G but several people reported the same problems . I also looked at the Samsung Q80A and there don’t seem to be any eARC problems with this model . Any thoughts or recommendations ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Buy a TV for the video quality, not it’s audio processing capabilities.  If you get an HD Fury Arcana then you won’t have to worry about whether the TV works with Sonos, or a TV firmware updates causes problems.

Userlevel 7

A lot of Samsung users have had eARC problems too. From what I’ve read on these forums, LG users seem to have the least amount of problems with the Sonos Arc. So maybe consider the LG C1 or CX models.

I have a Hisense U8G and it plays Dolby Atmos using the TV speakers. But when I connect my Sonos Arc and set the digital audio output to Pass Through, the output (as shown on Info from Apple TV) changes to 5.1. If I set the digital audio output to Auto, output changes again to Dolby Atmos. Quite confusing and I’m trying to find out what it means.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What does the Sonos app say the system receives from your TV?