Looking for upgrade advice for my needs

• 24 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello

I’m going to describe the system I have and the needs I would like to continue to take advantage of and also include a product. In doing so, I would very much appreciate your thoughts / advice / suggestions for a new upgraded system.

I am going to go product by product in my descriptions and then follow up with questions for each, sometimes grouped.

1. Connect:Amp - used for outside speakers on the EAST side of my house. 

2. Connect:Amp - used for outside speakers on the NORTH side of my house. 

3. Connect:Amp - used for tall floor standing speakers in my sitting room.

4. Play:5 (Gen 1) - used in living room
  5. Play:5 (Gen 1) - used in bedroom

6. Play:5 (Gen 1) - used to ROAM the house/garage

7. Playbar - used in TV room

8. Sub - used in TV room with Playbar

QUESTIONS associated with above components:

#1 & 2 components: I have the two Connects (above) so I can turn one pair of speakers off if I wish. If I use both pairs of speakers on one Connect:Amp, I have to have all speakers on/off. I would really like to only have one Amp instead of the two; 

QUESTION: Will the new AMP give me the option to play only one pair of speakers at a time versus both?

#3 component: this is powering my floor speakers and I’d like to add a turntable in that same area;

QUESTION: Will the new AMP will let me add the turntable and play over those same or other speakers? I am also assuming it will give me the option to only play the turntable in another part of the house, like the bedroom?

#4 & 5 components: suggestions for upgrades? These two are static and stay where I have placed them and with so many choices now, I’m not sure which to replace them with? The FIVE?

#6 component: I carry this around as needed, say in a guest’s room or to the garage or outside.

QUESTION: What do you suggest I replace it with? I have room for the FIVE and wouldn’t mind cutting costs and I don’t necessarily want the batteries option. Is the ONE really good or should I opt for the FIVE?

7 & 8 components: The PLAY AR works and does work with S2, I’m pretty sure so I don’t necessarily need to upgrade

QUESTION: however, if money was just to fall into my lap, what do you suggest I upgrade to? I have a large TV.

QUESTION: I’m using the SUB in the TV room with the Playbar; would this be best in sitting room with an AMP and floor speakers and turntable?

Whew! If you are still here, thanks for sticking with me!

I look forward to your suggestions / advice / knowledge on these questions!

Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

—- QUESTION: Will the new AMP give me the option to play only one pair of speakers at a time versus both?

The new Amp has only 2 channels, so all speakers connected to it form a single zone and play together.

—-QUESTION: Will the new AMP will let me add the turntable and play over those same or other speakers? I am also assuming it will give me the option to only play the turntable in another part of the house, like the bedroom?

The new Amp can do this, but so can your Connect Amp. You may need a preamp for the turntable.

—- #4 & 5 components: suggestions for upgrades? These two are static and stay where I have placed them and with so many choices now, I’m not sure which to replace them with? The FIVE?

The Five is the upgrade to the Play 5. You might be fine with Ones instead, though. I use those in most locations where I don’t need stereo music like the garage and kitchen.

#6 component: I carry this around as needed, say in a guest’s room or to the garage or outside.

QUESTION: What do you suggest I replace it with? I have room for the FIVE and wouldn’t mind cutting costs and I don’t necessarily want the batteries option. Is the ONE really good or should I opt for the FIVE?

I’d replace it with a One, which is easier to move and cheaper.

7 & 8 components: The PLAY AR works and does work with S2, I’m pretty sure so I don’t necessarily need to upgrade

QUESTION: however, if money was just to fall into my lap, what do you suggest I upgrade to? I have a large TV.

The Playbar does work with S2, so I’d just keep using it for now, however, I like the Amp with a pair of speakers for TV because they sound better for music in my opinion.

Badge

Thank you, Dan8558!  I appreciate you addressed all my questions. :-)