Answered

LG CX with apple TV and ARC

• 23 June 2021
  • 6 replies

I currently have an older tv, with a beam, 2 rear ones and a sub 5.1 setup. 

im now looking at upgrade my set up to an LG OLED CX model and make most of Dolby atmos ,  would then change my beam in the setup to an ARC, 

due to the 2020 LG missing many apps , I would then look to use my Apple TV 4K to stream most content. 

as the Apple TV will have to connect direct to the TV and not the ARC as the Apple instruction suggest , would this set up still be able to get full atmos from apps on Apple TV or will I have issues. I’ve tried to search this site and seen many missed messages and people having problems. 

has anyone else got this setup and have no problems before I commit my cash. 

many thanks. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 23 June 2021, 14:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Since the LG CX is equipped with eARC, you should be able to get multichannel PCM 5.1 and Dolby Atmos audio using the Apple TV 4K.

What apps are missing from the LG?

Since the LG CX is equipped with eARC, you should be able to get multichannel PCM 5.1 and Dolby Atmos audio using the Apple TV 4K.

What apps are missing from the LG?

I think it’s missing everything apart from Netflix , no catchup etc but understand they wouldn’t have atmos any way. 

think LG didn’t renew a licence so apps missing from 2020 but back on 2021 models. Odd they can’t add them now. 

so does the Apple TV go into eARC and atmos in ARC or vice Versa 

Userlevel 7

The Arc connects to the TV’s eARC port. The Apple TV connects to any of the TV’s other HDMI ports.

I’m pretty sure the CX has all of the major apps that support Dolby Atmos audio like Netflix, Disney+, Apple+, Prime Video, and VUDU.

The Arc connects to the TV’s eARC port. The Apple TV connects to any of the TV’s other HDMI ports.

I’m pretty sure the CX has all of the major apps that support Dolby Atmos audio like Netflix, Disney+, Apple+, HBO Max, Prime Video, and VUDU.

Ok, I’m in the U.K. so don’t know if the apps are different as you must be in USA with some of the apps you mention. 

also if the Apple TV is in arc can it send the atmos signal to the tv to they play through the Sonos arc. As Apple website seems to mention the apply tv to be plugged into eARC 

Userlevel 7

CORRECTION: HBO Max doesn’t seem to be on the LG CX yet.

As long as the Sonos Arc is connected to the eARC port on the TV, the Apple TV 4K can send Dolby Atmos audio through the TV to the Arc.

Many thanks.