LG C8 + Beam - will it work?

• 5 December 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hi all. I have seen various bit of info and discussion across the net saying that the LG’s have lip sync issues with the beam. Before I part with my hard earned cash, can anyone tell me what the deal is please - is it still an issue? Should I avoid buying one? Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Anyone?
Userlevel 7
I have an LG C8 and Playbar with no lipsync issues. The Sonos app allows adjustment for lipsync.

I assume you already own the LG C8 and your question was directed toward the Beam. Just buy it from a retailer with a good return policy. Returning the LG can be done but retailers can be a pain about TV's. Make sure you keep boxes for TV and Beam in pristine condition.

Cheers!
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
I have an LG C8 and Playbar with no lipsync issues. The Sonos app allows adjustment for lipsync.

I assume you already own the LG C8 and your question was directed toward the Beam. Just buy it from a retailer with a good return policy. Returning the LG can be done but retailers can be a pain about TV's. Make sure you keep boxes for TV and Beam in pristine condition.

Cheers!

Thank you very much for your reply, yes I have a C8. Can I just confirm - are you just using the C8’s internal apps, or any external set top boxes etc?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
My LG I had to go into the LG lip sync settings and adjust slightly to get a good sync. No issue then.
Userlevel 7
@Badgercop

I’m using mainly settop box (google fiber) and AppleTv with apps. However, Chris makes a good point. So you should be OK.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Are you using ARC though?
Userlevel 7
Are you using ARC though?

The Playbar does not have HDMI nor HDMI_ARC...only Optical.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Seems the C8 might have a problem:-
https://www.avforums.com/threads/lg-c8-lip-sync-issues.2178084/
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I have an LG E8 which synced up perfectly with my Beam for Netflix . I did have slight synch issue with Foxtel but used the Foxtel box settings to correct that.