Answered

Legacy product replacements

• 21 January 2020
  • 10 replies

Sonos tells me that my Connect 90 will no longer be supported in May.  What Sonos products would be a good replacement  for these?  I have two of them connected to free standing receivers in remote areas of my home. Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 21 January 2020, 18:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi, the Port is the new version of the Connect, however, even after they’re no longer supported, the Connect or ZP90 will continue working, it’ll just no longer get software updates. You’ll be able to continue using the devices you’ve got, though some services may be affected over time if they change software.

I have a Connect and 2 Play:3. Since the Connect connects to the Play:3 and will no longer take up dates is there and other new Sono product besides the Port will connect the system together?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I’ve been with Sonos for 20 years now.  I’ve purchased just about every product you’ve ever made from the beginning.  Over $10,000 worth of your equipment and I’ve sold even more for you with recommendations.  I’ve already thrown away the Controller 100, two Controller 200’s and 3 Bridges.  Now you want me to “Upgrade” and give you more money.  I’m finished.  Bluesound here I come.  It’s better anyway.  It has High Resolution.

I’ve answered your question in the new thread you’ve made. 

I have a Connect and 2 Play:3. Since the Connect connects to the Play:3 and will no longer take up dates is there and other new Sono product besides the Port will connect the system together?

Boost.

Bluesound is a good option. Also look into Roon.

Hi guys,

How do you get the legacy upgrade discount ? It says you can have it , but I cant apply it to a purchase, is there a code that you need ? And who do you ask for it?     Thank you  in advance

Here's the details:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3574?language=en_US

Userlevel 2

Hmmm, my Play 5 (gen1) Connect and Connect Amp are still working along with a Sub, a Play 3 and a Play 1. My CR100 and its replacement have long since both failed with screen issues. To upgrade to new Play 5, a Port and an Amp is not what I want to do. I do not stream music from 3rd parties such as Deezer, Spotify etc; I just play from my NAS drive. Am I right in thinking that with my ‘old’ kit I should have no issues with using it as I always have?

If you stay on S1, there should be zero changes. It will continue to work as it does today.