Answered

Is this setup possible?

• 27 October 2021
  • 2 replies

I currently have 6-ish devices passing HDMI through a 4k Yamaha receiver, sound to Polk Audio speakers.  I’m considering getting rid of all of the speakers in lieu of a Sonos soundbar and sub.  I still need to be able to pass my video signals through the receiver as my Samsung does not have enough HDMI ports to support all of my devices.  

Is there a way to make that work and still play audio from all of those devices through a Sonos system? If not, what are my other options?  

Thanks ahead. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 27 October 2021, 19:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, this setup should work. The Sonos soundbar will connect to the TV’s HDMI ARC port and the Yamaha receiver will connect to one of the TV’s other HDMI ports. The receiver will basically function as an HDMI switch.

So, since your Samsung does not have enough HDMI ports, you’d need to introduce a switch for those inputs that feeds the Samsung. 

Sonos Home Theater devices receive a single HDMI-ARC input from the TV set. They do not act as a swtich themselves, nor can they accept a standards HDMI signal, and pull the ARC signal from it.