Answered

Is the Arc sufficient?

• 8 January 2021
  • 3 replies

So im looking to change my tv sound system. Right now i have a bar, sub, 2 small speakers. Im tired of having so many speakers everywhere! I heard that the Arc is the new full surround sound system that plays the role of all those speakers combined. That was the opinion of a few people, but id like more opinions. My objective is to have 1 speaker that does wonders in terms of surround sound to end the clutter in the living room.

thanks!!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 8 January 2021, 18:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

While normally, I’d ask for more specifics about which ‘bar’ you had, since there is the PLAYBAR, the PLAYBASE, and the Beam. But unfortunately, even the Arc is designed in the same manner, to have two surround speakers and a Sub bonded to it. None of Sonos’ products are designed to be ‘everything in one package’.

That being said, there are some design changes in the Arc that you may find ‘better’ than one of the other Sonos soundbars, and might work for you. But just be aware that there are physics that can’t be simply engineered around, and you’ll never get the same experience from any company’s single soundbar as you do from the multiple products you currently have.

Thanks Bruce. What you say makes a lot of sense. The sound bar i have is a SONY, since none of my sonos products can connect to my TV (i have the play1 x2 and a Play5 2nd gen). 

Ah, I didn’t understand that the bar you were speaking of was not a Sonos. 

Not that familiar with the Sony product, but one of the benefits of the Sonos is there are no speaker wires involved, but each speaker does need a power plug. That being said, I do own a couple of the Sonos Arc speakers, and even without surround speakers, they do sound pretty good. If you can, I’d encourage a visit to a dealer to listen for yourself. And if you purchase from Sonos, there’s a fairly good return policy if you don’t find it to your liking.