Answered

Is my Connect compatible with S2?

• 13 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello guys,

I wanted to upgrade to the latest S2 app but I couldn’t get any confirmation if all me devices are compatible with it.

From the support page you can see the compatible devices but we only got names and it really confuse when you got connect/amp/gen1/gen2 etc (no pictures or others information).

In my case I got 4 Play:1, 1 Playbar, 1 One SL and a Connect.

I guess everything is okay except the Connect device that I cannot get any confirmation if okay or not.

From the website https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4786?language=eng only the connect Gen2 is compatibly but how can I know if my is a Gen2?

I have search on other topics and I don’t get requested confirmation:

• on the web portal I see all my devices but I don’t have any text legacy or modern juste online and serial number.
  • on the sonos app you don’t have any Gen1 or Gen2 text.
  • when I do “Check compabitility to S2” on the sonos app it directly asks me to update with the page “are you ready to go to S2”. Does it means everything is okay?

The only stuff that I found on the system info is that the Connect shows these but I don’t know if their are Gen1 or 2:

HW version: 1.17.5.5-2-1

Serial ID: C100

WM: 0

OTP 1.1.1

Thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by lohr500 13 August 2020, 15:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I think I am correct in saying that if there are no text messages about Legacy on the web portal against any of your products and you are getting the option to move to S2 then you should be OK. If you have any legacy products that haven’t been used in the trade-up program, they would also show the option to trade-up.

From some previous research I did on Connects, it seems as though date codes 1502 onwards are S2 capable. The date code is the first 4 digits of the serial number. 

Below the device, I got a 4 digit code before the serial: 1608

Do you think I should be S2 fully compatible?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

1608 should be S2 compatible. Mine is 1602 and works perfectly on S2.

I could ran the upgrade and everything works well.

Thanks again :smiley: