Is it worth purchasing an additional Sonos Sub?

• 15 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi guys,

This is my first post using this platform and I’m still getting familiar with how everything works. 
I’ve owned my Sonos products for about a year now, which consists of the following items;

Arc

2x Fives

1 x Sub Gen 3

Those are in my living room as I frequently use them for music, PS4 gaming and 4K/Dolby Amos enabled movie streaming (Netflix). I have no complaints about the performance and listening experience however I’ve become aware that I can add a second Sub Gen 3 and wished to know if anyone has first hand experience and if there’s proper improvement.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Arron Small,

While I don’t have any first-hand experience with that setup, one of our community members has, and they’ve shared their thoughts in this post that I’ll link below. 

By me replying to this thread it will also bump it up further in case any other community members want to share their experiences with dual Subs :slight_smile:

Badge

Thanks @James L. 👍🏾

Ok, I’ll add another thought, since I’ve not done this either, it may not be worthwhile, but….

You’re asking for a subjective opinion. I suspect it really depends on what music you enjoy, and what bass you’re expecting to hear. Since Sonos offers a return policy, your best bet would be to get a second sub as a trial, and test it for yourself to see if it works for your environment, and your own expectations. If it doesn’t, return it. If it does, keep it. 

For me, if I had a much larger living room, and wasn’t concerned about the neighbors so much, it might make sense, in my case particularly with movie watching, since the music I tend to listen to isn’t bass heavy. But that’s me…and I just don’t know enough about your situation to suggest whether there’s enough value in the proposition. So, do your own evaluation, and tell us how it works for you. 

Badge

Thanks for your response @Airgetlam. My house is detached and tbh I do listen to bass heavy music etc. I guess there’s no harm in getting a second as you said. It’s always tricky cause there are no dedicated Sonos stores that have demonstration living spaces to experience the sound of different set ups. I’ve already spent a fair bit and really am enjoying the set ups capabilities. What harm can a second Sub really do lol. Once I get the second, I’ll provide feedback. 

I’d certainly be interested. 

The challenge is we all have different tastes, and different ears. There just isn’t an easy way to tell someone anything other than what works for them, on a personal level. This is why that ‘trial’ that Sonos offers is such a great thing. My situation will never be the same as yours. ;)