Is anyone else having issues with Sonos shipping to the UK?

• 17 February 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi,

I ordered a Sonos Sub last Thursday morning using 2 day shipping to the UK. It was apparently handed to DHL on Friday to be delivered yesterday (Tuesday), however there has been no movement since it was handed over to DHL on Friday.

There is a tracking number, but no updates on progress whatsoever - it only was accepted and passed customs in Netherlands. I called Sonos support agents twice (up in Scotland) and could not get much more information - e.g. there is adverse weather in Europe, but no information on when it may arrive. 

It’s now been 4 days and its a bit unsettling to be fair - the Sonos agent does at least seem concerned that its delayed or no update on when it will be delivered. I asked him if he spoke with DHL to understand the delays and revised dates, he said he never speaks to DHL. DHL is not contactable (I can’t get to a human) so no information

I’ve had thousands of parcels delivered in the last year so, from various shippers and geographies and almost always had some sort of understand when things are likely to arrive. 

Are others having problems with Sonos shipping to the UK? If I would have ordered from John Lewis or other premium retailer would have been here in a day or so!

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’ve had thousands of parcels delivered in the last year so, from various shippers and geographies and almost always had some sort of understand when things are likely to arrive. 

Are others having problems with Sonos shipping to the UK? If I would have ordered from John Lewis or other premium retailer would have been here in a day or so!

Thanks

Well the post-Brexit border controls kicked in at the start of this year, so that probably explains the delay, and certainly explains the difference from your experience last year. Good luck.

Thanks

Well the post-Brexit border controls kicked in at the start of this year, so that probably explains the delay, and certainly explains the difference from your experience last year. Good luck.

Thanks. This isn’t what Sonos is say - they say it’s weather. Either way, if it’s Brexit then curious as to how Sonos is managing around this and expectations with customers. 

Again, you can order directly from John Lewis (who has a warehouse in the UK) and get it in 2 days, right now it’s going onto a week since the order and no clear indication on when I am going to receive the item.

Hi I have ordered 2 x ones onThursday as well 2 day delivery, they were supposed to have been delivered yesterday received an email from DHL estimated delivery next Monday🙄 I am also in Scotland 

Me to received an email that an estimated arrival is on Monday 22nd. That’s 10+ days from order and no where near close to 2-day shipping. This must be a Brexit related cockup. The issue is either with DHL or Sonos. Either way it’s time for Sonos to reconsider the European depots for their UK customers.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Genuine question - is there an advantage to ordering direct from Sonos rather than John Lewis?

Hope the kit turns up soon.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Genuine question - is there an advantage to ordering direct from Sonos rather than John Lewis?

Hope the kit turns up soon.

I would say on the most part no. there’s the 100 day return policy from Sonos - but JL have excellent customer service. 

so unless you're eligible for the ‘upgrade credit’ and save 15% I can’t see a huge benefit.

i went direct to last two purchases because there were so many posts about issues. So if they are defective then sonos can be on the hook to take them back. Everything else has come from JL and their customer service and messaging around order and delivery has been head and shoulders above sonos. 

I now see Shipment on Hold in Leipzig due to adverse weather. Checking weather in Leipzig its 12C and sunny. When did DHL get so bad?

They used to be - along with Fedex - the premium shipping service esp. for international.

Badge

I think it’s a weather delay from a few days ago causing a backlog. I ordered a Boost on the 12th, expected date was the 17th, that updated to the 22nd but it actually arrived today. Fairly certain Sonos air freight most things, when it works it’s great, however, bad weather can knock things back for days.