Question

Is a wired Boost better than a wired Play:1?

• 24 October 2020
  • 2 replies

So I have 9speakers around my house with one sonos one wired .. I have dropouts all the time. Sonos informs me I need more than one speaker wired (ratio off 1 wired to 5 wireless). So much for a wireless system. So my question is if I use a boost will it be better. I have only one place to wire in so I would be replacing cable from Sonos one to plug in boost. Sonos also informed to move speakers closer together.. so much for multi room setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Oldale.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand your situation and would like to help out.

The situation would still depend on your preference. If you are willing to connect additional Sonos speakers to your router via ethernet cable, that would work. If not, then the Sonos Boost would be your best option as it is a dedicated Sonos device for Sonos Net purposes. With regards to your question about the Sonos Boost and the Sonos Play one having the same signal strength for Sonos net purposes.  They are equally capable of generating the same Sonos Net signal since the bottom line would still be wireless interference and the guide on how to reduce wireless interference and our recommended distance of 15 feet in-between Sonos devices to maximize Sonos net capabilities.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

The shorter answer is no, not likely. It’s much more likely you’re dealing with wifi interference of some type.