Is a Sonos Sub worth getting with my Sonos Beam?

• 2 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all

Very impressed. Ordered direct from SONOS dispatched from Holland and with me next day ! All set up quite simple having watched a few tutorials…

It has replaced an Orbitsound Bar from around 2014 which had a wireless Sub..

The clarity of voice is so much better with the SONOS  but lacks a bit of bass.  So, I am considering the SONOS sub… which is dearer than the Beam was..  While I am pleased with the Beam, would I be ‘blown away’ my spending the hard earned on the Sub ?  Any others  with this setup of a beam and a sub? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I have and you wont regred it - ad the sub and you get a much Wider Sound.

I have the Sub with a Beam and two older Sonos One (gen1’s) in the Dining Room and the Sub really makes a huge difference. The Christmas decoration blu-tack is great for stopping the ornaments vibrating and I now see that if you turn-up the Sub ‘Audio-Out Level’, the neighbours put up a ‘for sale’ sign… at least that’s what happened here, but possibly just a coincidence? (...but True!)😀

Anyhow, the setup here, with Sub, sounds extremely good to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I have the Playbase, which I understand has a bit more bass than the Beam. But, with the sub added too, it’s much better.