Integrate Vinly Player to Existing System

• 11 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello! I am looking for some help with a challenge I currently have.

The end result I would like to achieve is having a record player that’s capable of being listened to through the house. We are an apple house so all components support AirPlay 2, presently.

Currently the system consists of two independent Sonos Amp’s that drive a pair of in-ceiling speakers each. Additionally there is a Denon AVR-X4700H that drives the surround system.

If I am understanding correctly the Sonos Port (which is OOO until late November) SHOULD be able to stream “wirelessly” to any Sonos targets which id assume includes the stand alones and amps. Can it stream many at once?

More curiously can it both take advantage of streaming to sonos targets AND physically to the Denon via the audio out ports?

Last.. am I over complicating things? Is there a vinyl player out there that would make this all work much better.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

You could use a Port to stream the turntable audio to all of your Sonos speakers/devices, but why don’t you just connect the turntable to one of your existing Sonos Amps?

If you want to add your surround system to the Sonos ecosystem, you could connect the Port to the Denon.

I am not certain my current Amps will provide the functionality that I am looking to get though. I ideally need to be able to arbitrarily play these vinyls to any room in the house. Since the whole point to the current setup is just that. If it means purchasing semi-redundant items to maintain the current flexibility I’d rather keep going down that route.

As long as neither of those Amps are set up as surround speaker drivers, then both of them would be able to take the line in signal, and play it on any Sonos room.