I am trying to find the best (affordable) way to integrate Sonos with my already pre-wired family room sound system.
What I have:
- 2 rear speakers (pre-wired but not installed yet) with wall volume control.
- 2 patio speakers (pre-wired but not installed yet) with wall volume control.
- All cabling for these speakers running under TV
- 2 Sonos Play 1's in other areas of the house.
- Onkyo dual zone stereo receiver.
What I want:
- The ability to play music via Sonos to all 4 in-wall speakers in family room and patio. And other Play 1's.
- The ability to hear my TV sound coming out of all 4 in-wall speakers as well as other Play 1's.
- Connect the 4 in wall speakers (family room & patio) to my current stereo receiver. Also connect my TV's digital audio out to that stereo receiver as well. At this point, TV audio should be playing from 4 speakers which I can split into speakers A or B. Then connect that current stereo receiver to a Sonos Connect. I think this will turn those 4 speakers into a Sonos zone.
- Will this work the way I'm thinking? Will I be able to listen to TV via the rear two speakers as well as send the audio to another Play 1? Will I be able to chose to turn the patio speakers on or off either via the stereos A/B selector or on-wall volume control? Will I be able to play music on all my sonos devices including the 2 rear speakers and 2 patio speakers? I am OK not having the ability to play separate music on patio speakers vs rear family speakers. I realize with this setup there is no "center" channel for my TV. Can I integrate a Playbar with this setup? Or should I just get a center channel speaker for my stereo receiver?
Thank you for your help!