Answered

In wall speakers no soundbar

• 7 February 2023
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to set up surround sound with only using sonance speakers. I don’t want a sound bar under my tv..  I’m going to have two sonance speakers on each side of the tv and 2 ceiling sonance speakers behind the couch.  Do I need two Sonos amps to drive the two sets separately? I assume so because the ceiling speakers will be ambient and the in wall speakers by the tv will be full.  Also, Do I need to connect HDMI Arc to each Amp if I need two or do I just connect to the wall speakers and then group the other set? I don’t know if when I set it up in the app it will be set up as a home theater or if I manually have to group the two amps together whenever I want to watch tv and adjust the volume separately. Any advice would be appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 February 2023, 04:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

You will need two Sonos Amps… one to power the two front speakers and one to power the two surround speakers. The first Amp will connect to the TV’s HDMI ARC port. The two Amps will communicate wirelessly in a home theater setup and act as one zone.

thank you! I've been trying to find YouTube videos that answered this question and am glad I got a helpful response so quickly!