Answered

In-wall speaker set-up

• 28 July 2022
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I am would like to install 2 front in wall speakers and 2 rear ceiling speakers using an amp for each with a Samsung frame TV. 

I don’t want to use a sound bar because I would like to keep the clean look of the Frame TV.

I know very little about setting up a sound system and would just like good basic surround sound.

Would this be an effective basic set-up and would it work with a new Samsung Frame TV?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 28 July 2022, 18:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, this setup will work with the Samsung Frame TV. You will need two Amps - one to power the two front in-wall speakers and one to power the two rear in-ceiling speakers. The first Amp will connect to the TV (One Connect box) via HDMI ARC. The second Amp will communicate wirelessly with the first Amp.

You should consider adding a Sonos Sub to complete the 4.1 setup.

NOTE: It is usually recommended to place rear surround speakers at ear level, so you might also consider doing a pair of in-wall speakers for the surrounds rather than in-ceiling speakers.

Thank you. We are in the middle of our home construction and want to wire everything now. I will look at our room layout again and see if wall speakers for the rear will work and also get a Sub. 

Also, our rear ceiling speakers if we go that route will be mounted on the lower part of a vaulted ceiling angled toward the television. I’m not sure if that would help for not being wall mounted.

If your home uses conventional drywall construction, there are various “invisible” speakers that can be incorporated into the drywall.