ikea lamp to bluetooth device/turntable

• 29 December 2021
  • 9 replies

Hey folks, is there a tried and tested way to transmit a bluetooth turntable to the ikea sonos lamp speaker (symfonisk), i think it might be possible to pair the turntable to other sonos products (im not clear on which ones) and then pair the speakers as wifi? But i dont want to try an expensive/time consuming experiment to find out.  Any one know?

Cheers , folks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

For clarity, i mean - BT turntable to BT+wifi sonos (which one, if any?) Pair that to the lamp speaker via wifi.

For clarity, i mean - BT turntable to BT+wifi sonos (which one, if any?) Pair that to the lamp speaker via wifi.

You can use the Roam to share Bluetooth to other Sonos speakers. 

Share Roam’s Bluetooth audio with your Sonos system

I don’t believe there’s any bluetooth to connect to on an IKEA speaker. To my knowledge, the only Sonos or IKEA devices that have bluetooth for music connection is the Sonos Move and the Sonos Roam. 

You can use the Roam to share Bluetooth to other Sonos speakers. 

Share Roam’s Bluetooth audio with your Sonos system

Cheers Jgatie, i'm going to give ge roam a go, i read it didn't work, due to it not beong able to do both bluetooth and wifi in tandem, but ive since read there has been an update to correct that, so i'll give the roam a go tomorrow, cheers!

Cheers Jgatie, i'm going to give ge roam a go, i read it didn't work, due to it not beong able to do both bluetooth and wifi in tandem, but ive since read there has been an update to correct that, so i'll give the roam a go tomorrow, cheers!

I have a Sonos Roam (called ‘Walkabout’) and I am able to connect a device to it over Bluetooth (in my case that’s just a mobile phone that’s playing music from Apple Music App, rather than a turntable, but it’s the same principle).

The Roam is also connected to my Home Sonos system over the local WiFi network …and I’m able to ‘group’ that BT playing Roam (Walkabout) with any/every other Sonos speaker in my Home, such as a Sonos Beam (called Dining Room) and the Bluetooth audio plays to the Beam too. See screenshot attached.

So all being well it should hopefully🤞work, as expected, with your TT too. 
HTH

I have a Sonos Roam (called ‘Walkabout’) and I am able to connect a device to it over Bluetooth (in my case that’s just a mobile phone that’s playing music from Apple Music App, rather than a turntable, but it’s the same principle).

The Roam is also connected to my Home Sonos system over the local WiFi network …and I’m able to ‘group’ that BT playing Roam (Walkabout) with any/every other Sonos speaker in my Home, such as a Sonos Beam (called Dining Room) and the Bluetooth audio plays to the Beam too. See screenshot attached.

So all being well it should hopefully🤞work, as expected, with your TT too. 
HTH

Thanks, Ken - it's good to have some confidence ahead of trying it out, cheers, fella 👍 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

As I understand it the Roam can do this, but Sonos’ other bluetooth speaker (the Move) can’t.

As I understand it the Roam can do this, but Sonos’ other bluetooth speaker (the Move) can’t.

That is definitely correct. The Move has never been able to do this and the Roam always has. It was not a 'correction' as suggested by the OP. 

I can confirm the roam was successful, cheers, folks!!