How to stop upgrade and does upgrade still make old product a brick?

• 26 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Does the upgrade still brick the old product or did Sonos stop doing this and let the old product still work? I thought they had allowed the old one to keep going but cant find any confirmation of this?

If it is bricked, at what point does this happen?

I have selected one of my products to upgrade and don’t want to now. I want to cancel this. Does any one know how to cancel the upgrade process?

Thanks

Keith.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

They stopped the ‘bricking’ about 6 weeks after the program started. You can now continue to use the product.

Unfortunately, there is no way to ‘unbrick’ a product for those of us who used the program during those 6 weeks or so. 

There is no automated way to unselect a product from upgrade. You may have success if you were to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it, but I’m not convinced even they have access to modify that data. That’s the way I would be protecting that database, I don’t know how Sonos is doing it.