Answered

How to create a Sonos set up to use with a projector

• 18 June 2021
  • 3 replies

I see there are a lot of questions about projectors here but none are quite what I’m looking for..  so sorry to ask another one…  I would like to get a sonos setup for a projector with Roku.  The projector has R-L audio output but no wireless features. I am thinking I could hook that up to a Sonos Port and use that to get sound to speakers across the room wirelessly. I would probably get a Beam to go with the Port.  Would this work?

Any help is appreciated!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 18 June 2021, 21:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Connecting the projector to the Port and then grouping the Port with a Beam would probably result in an audio delay/lip sync issues. What model projector do you have?

Thanks for your reply! Its a YABER Y30 Native 1080P Projector. I used to use it with an AppleTV which connected to a Sonos One perfectly but I don't have the AppleTV anymore.

Userlevel 7

I’m assuming you used AirPlay to send the audio from the Apple TV to the Sonos One. If it worked perfectly, I suggest getting an Apple TV 4K and using AirPlay to send audio to the Beam rather than using the Port. An Apple TV 4K is far less expensive than a Port and you probably won’t experience an audio delay with the Apple TV like you will with a Port.