Answered

How can I STREAM music from SONOS through a RODECaster Pro & ATEM Mini Pro?

• 23 June 2021
  • 5 replies

In our church, during the COVID pandemic, we are not allowed live choirs so, we installed 4 SONOS speakers and play music from Spotify. It sounds FANTASTIC! Now, we want to simultaneously stream the music with our through a RODECaster Pro & ATEM Mini Pro. Any SUGGESTIONS?

James

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 23 June 2021, 16:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

You could get a Sonos Port and connect the RODECaster Pro’s audio out to the Port’s line-in connections, but you would have to get RCA to ¼ adapters to connect an RCA cable to the RODECaster. Then you would just select the Line-In option under Browse in the Sonos app to play the audio from the RODECaster to your Sonos speakers. NOTE: You may experience a very slight audio delay.

FYI… Sonos speakers are designed more for consumers/home audio. I know many churches often operate on a limited budget, but you might consider using pro audio speakers and equipment in the future.

You could get a Sonos Port and connect the RODECaster Pro’s audio out to the Port’s line-in connections, but you would have to get RCA to ¼ adapters to connect an RCA cable to the RODECaster. Then you would just select the Line-In option under Browse in the Sonos app to play the audio from the RODECaster to your Sonos speakers. NOTE: You may experience a very slight audio delay.

FYI… Sonos speakers are designed more for consumers/home audio. I know many churches often operate on a limited budget, but you might consider using pro audio speakers and equipment in the future.

I think the intention was to continue using Sonos as the audio source, but send that audio to the RODECaster?  If that’s the case, you would still want to use a a Port, but the line out, not the line in.  To the RODECaster’s input of course.  In this scenario, you shouldn’t see any audio delay.

Thanks for the input. All useful.

The SONOS speakers were already there when I arrived so I’m just working with what we have.

The SONOS Port looks like a solution. 

How about an older SONOS Connect? We really don’t need all the new bells and whistles on the Port.

All we really need is an AUDIO OUT to the RODECaster Pro.

What do you think?

You’d need to be careful about the Sonos CONNECT, to make sure it’s compatible with the version of the Sonos software (S1 or S2) that you’re running, but it’s feasible. 

You’d need to be careful about the Sonos CONNECT, to make sure it’s compatible with the version of the Sonos software (S1 or S2) that you’re running, but it’s feasible. 

Thanks for the heads up!