Home Theatre + Music Listening Setup

• 18 October 2021
  • 5 replies

I’m pretty set on my home theatre setup for my living room, but I’m looking to have a full main floor setup for music listening. I’m not really familiar with sonos like could I connect my home theatre setup with separate sonos speakers for the sub and music listening. Here is a layout of what I was thinking. I’m open to suggesting for the dining room/kitchen. The area is not huge and budget is unlimited. Ideally I’d be  playing music through an alexa or something like that. Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Living Room: Arc, Sub, One SLs

Dining Room: Pair of One’s, Five or pair of Fives

Kitchen: Move or a Five

Each room will act as a separate zone. You can play each zone individually, group some zones together, or group every zone together to play the same audio. 

NOTE: When you group zones while playing TV audio, you may experience a slight audio delay from the speakers in the dining room and kitchen.

Living Room: Arc, Sub, One SLs

Dining Room: Pair of One’s, Five or pair of Fives

Kitchen: Move or a Five

Each room will act as a separate zone. You can play each zone individually, group some zones together, or group every zone together to play the same audio. 

NOTE: When you group zones while playing TV audio, you may experience a slight audio delay from the speakers in the dining room and kitchen.

Yes but if I use the living room setup grouped with other rooms to play music from an alexa, it should be fine right? I just want to get that bump from the sub when listening to music throughout the main floor

Userlevel 7

Yes, music audio from the Sonos app or other music apps will be in sync with all speakers. It’s just TV audio that will be slightly delayed in the dining room and kitchen speakers. But you may not even notice it because those speakers are in other rooms.

Yes, music audio from the Sonos app or other music apps will be in sync with all speakers. It’s just TV audio that will be slightly delayed in the dining room and kitchen speakers. But you may not even notice it because those speakers are in other rooms.

Oh I see what you’re saying, so then can I play separate groups for example:

Mainfloor group: Contains all speakers, when listening to music

Living room group: Only contains home theatre setup, when watching tv

Userlevel 7

Yes, you can group any combination of zones/rooms or play each zone/room individually.

Here is how to group and ungroup rooms and how to save groups in the Sonos app:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3391?language=en_US