Question

Home Theater: Which Products Allow Use of Sonos One as Rear Speakers Wirelessly?

• 30 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I’m putting together a new Sonos system for home theater and music on a budget. 

I currently have an old but high-end receiver, front L/R and front center speakers. I would like to create a Sonos system that incorporates two wireless Sonos speakers (Most likely Sonos One or Symfonisk Bookshelf) as wireless rears for a 5.0 or 4.0 set up.

I know that I can replace my receiver and fronts with an Arc or Beam. Do I have any other options for the front speakers if I want to use some combination of my existing equipment to create a surround system?

For example, would any of the combinations below work for surround sound? 

• Sonos Connect (Gen 2) or Port → Receiver → Front L/R/Center + Rear L/R Sonos One
  • Sonos Amp → Front L/R + Rear L/R Sonos One

Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

No. In order to use Sonos speakers as surround speakers, you must use a Sonos system as the front of your Home Theater set up. The Beam, the Arc, the Amp are all possibilities for the ‘front’.