Answered

Home Sound Ideas

• 2 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi so I am wanting to set up smart speakers throughout the house for music and additionally add a turntable to the system. I would also like to get a sound bar for the tv. I would like to know if this concept will work. 
I was looking to get the beam and turntable set. I would set the beam to the tv and put the turntable in one room. I would use the five speaker (that comes with turntable set) in another room. Will the sound bar be able to connect to the turntable? Will I be able to play records to both rooms? Will the tv be able to play in both rooms? 
Thanks 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 2 January 2022, 05:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi so I am wanting to set up smart speakers throughout the house for music and additionally add a turntable to the system. I would also like to get a sound bar for the tv. I would like to know if this concept will work. 
I was looking to get the beam and turntable set. I would set the beam to the tv and put the turntable in one room. I would use the five speaker (that comes with turntable set) in another room. Will the sound bar be able to connect to the turntable? Will I be able to play records to both rooms? Will the tv be able to play in both rooms? 
Thanks 

Yes, yes, and yes.  Note: You can even play the turntable as a source on the Beam and be playing something else on the Five, but the opposite is not possible, if the TV is playing on the Beam, you group it with the Five if you want to play in both rooms.  You can’t have the TV playing on the Five and something else on the Beam.  

Userlevel 7

Thanks 

Just to be clear, the turntable will need to be in the same room as the Five because it needs to be connected to the Five’s line-in port. The turntable cannot be physically connected to the Beam because the Beam doesn’t have a line-in port.

But, yes, you will be able to play both the turntable and TV audio in both rooms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The turntable and the Five are in a bundle because you need the turntable to be cable connected to the Five. It is in itself not Sonos capable. If you want Sonos in the fourth room you need to buy another speaker.