Future Sonos Soundbar

• 10 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Has anyone heard of when Sonos is ever going to update their Soundbar?  I have a Beam now for a small room but moving into a bigger home early next year.  The current Soundbar is so very dated and doesn’t have any fo the standard features of newer soundbars (voice assistant, ATMOS, HDMI, etc.). It even just plain looks old.  Rumors?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The Beam has all those features, except Atmos.

Sonos does have three different sound bars. 

Yes I already have a Beam and it’s nice, but compared to my previous Definitive Tech 7.2 system it is mediocre. When you compare the Sonos Sound Bar to the new Bose high end sound bar or even the new Samsung Series 90 sound bar, it becomes obvious how dated the Sonos is.  It’s just frustrating to have a company as great as Sonos lagging in technology so badly in the high end sound bar market.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

There are some FCC filing people have been sorting through that point to hopefully a new Playbar this summer….all rumors at this point.

Thanks Chris.  We are designing our retirement home now, start construction late this Summer and will be done by next June.  I’m using Sonos architectural speakers all over the home and patio with the Amps all in a rack.  So I’m hoping by next Spring they have their new high-end soundbar!  Given what I’m used to spending for Definitive Tech speakers and a Velodyne subwoofer, I don’t mind spending a fair amount for a really superior soundbar if it truly makes the sound experience great!