Four One’s or Two Five’s or Two One’s and Sub Mini

• 28 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I am trying to figure out the best solution for my family room. The size of the room us 18X 25. I like live and acoustic music and was wondering what the best combination is?

Are 2 Five speakers worth it?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Nobody can comment on the Sub Mini yet as it has not been released.

I replaced a stereo pair of Ones and Sub, with Fives and Sub, in a smaller room than yourself (approx. 15X15)

The One’s need the Sub (or potentially the Sub Mini once reviews are available), whereas I would be more than happy to listen to the stereo pair of Fives without a Sub.

For me, the Fives were a worthwhile upgrade over the Ones.

I would also go with the 2x Fives over 4x Ones, with the Fives positioned in front of the listening position. The Five is around 3x the size of a One, so definitely more noticeable wherever you place them if that is a consideration for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Fives to start with for your music tastes, and then if you need one look at Sub options.

With the Fives I’d really lean to the full sized Sub but you could try and return a mini if you thought it too weak.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I’m in a similar situation. In my TV/family room I have 2 Ones, PlayBase & Sub. All 3 are lined up alongside my 75” Bravia. The 2 Ones are on both sides of the tv sitting on top of my Infinity speakers (old school stereo system). Yes, I’m using my floor Infinity’s as my Ones stand. It looks good. So while on holiday on the Big Island next weekend I will order my newest edition to the Sonos family, 2 Fives to replace my 2 Ones. I’m thinking I’ll use my Infinity speakers as my Fives stands. They will extend out past the top of the speakers if I place them flat or they’ll fit perfectly if they stand in the up position. My room size is 30x16 with ceramic tile as my floor. I’m hoping the Fives will bring more depth in sound. We do watch movies, concerts & sports on the tube with the Sonos setup. I prefer playing music these days. Just more relaxing. But I do like to turn up the volume for old times sake. With my 2 Ones being replaced I’m thinking about adding them to my garage which has 2 Play1 already. I’ll bring my Move from inside to the garage to add some more volume. The garage is my go to spot to listen to music/sounds while it’s also my beer cave. Music & beer. Is it okay to have paired Ones and paired Play1’s together? And is it okay to bring Move inside garage to play with Ones/Play1?