Answered

era300 or 100 for Roku ultra streaming

• 30 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Fellas, I need some advice.

My living room size 13×16 is with 8ft flat ceiling. TV is Samsung curved 65 4K year 2017 with arc hdmi ( no earc)  Plan to get the Arc soundbar + gen3 sub + surround. However, I still cant decide between era 100 or 300 for rears.

This is my concern: the only media source is a Roku Ultra 4K. I don't have bluray players or gaming console. If I understand correctly, streaming movies have compressed Atmos data so arc hdmi has sufficient bandwith. Since I dont have other sources, will I benefit from era 300 or should i just go with 100?

For music, I use Spotify premium and Apple music. Same question: when using them as surround speakers, will I benefit from era300, or just use era100?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 30 September 2023, 20:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Roku Ultra supports Atmos, so you will benefit from using the Era 300’s.  However, you may want to check with Samsung.  2017 is right on the threshold of ARC TV’s passing Atmos.  My 2018 Samsung does it just fine, but 2017 is a question mark. 

I just checked my TV specs, it is Dolby Digital Plus, no Atmos mentioned... So with this bottleneck, 300 or 100 wouldn’t have any difference?

I just checked my TV specs, it is Dolby Digital Plus, no Atmos mentioned... So with this bottleneck, 300 or 100 wouldn’t have any difference?

DD+ can contain Atmos, so that is not a definitive answer.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Maybe get the 300s in anticipation of upgrading the six year old TV soon?