Answered

Era 300 or 100

• 6 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We recently bought the arc and 2 era 100’s. Not impressed by the 100’s as surrounds. We currently have them several feet behind the couch but will move them to the sides of the couch. Are the 100’s adequate for surrounds? Would we be better off returning the 100’s for 300’s? Getting a Sub and returning the 100’s, getting a sub and 300’s? 

Mostly movie watching from an Apple TV 4K via Netflix or other streaming sites or rented Apple movies.  No blu ray player connected to this TV. Sony 75 inch 4k model. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 6 August 2023, 03:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Era 100s should sound great as surrounds, but the Era 300s will give you a more immersive experience especially with Dolby Atmos audio.

Make sure your TV is set to these settings (if available):

eARC: Auto

Digital Audio Out: Auto 1

Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital Plus

Pass Through Mode: Auto

Also be sure to perform Trueplay tuning and adjust the Surround Audio settings in the Sonos app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Often folks are unimpressed by the surrounds but it is the source material that is lacking in surround sounds. I’ve seen recommendations here in the forums on some good options to test but I didn’t keep links to them so you’d have to search a bit.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Top Gun maverick. I’ll try the terminator when we get home. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We are keeping the 100’s. Bought a sub and speaker stands. We moved the 100’s closer to the seating area and tuned the speakers. Hoping this helps. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

#browndk26

I have Era 100 as surround in my home-cinema kit. The one thing i have notice….you will get a better opertunety when tweeking the placement of the speakers. I used $300 to get the org Sonos Era 100-stands. And i have been enjoying them ever since. So a couple of stands WILL make a difference. But of course you need to have space for them.