Answered

Denon Receiver with Sonos + IKEA Symfonisk

• 5 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I wonder if my wished setup is viable. it should look like this: Denon AVR-X4100W receiver with 2 B&W front speakers + SONOS ARC (as a central front speaker) and 2 IKEA Symfonisk as back surround speakers + SONOS subwoofer 3 gen

I own all of these elements today. What I am trying to do is to use all the best elements I have of 2 currently separate setups. It might feel strange, but it’s part of a “re-use with low cost” approach..

I guess you could say that I have a basic starting point with a receiver and 2 “normal non-wifi speakers” and would like to add 4 SONOS components: ARC, subwoofer and 2 Symfonisks. but to secure they will actually work as a 5.1 system 

Any help would be deeply appreciated 

icon

Best answer by John B 5 March 2022, 11:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi.  No, I am sorry, but attempts at combining Sonos soundbars with non-Sonos elements are doomed to failure.  The Arc does front centre, right and left and cannot be used as just a centre.  The Arc is designed to replace a receiver not to work with one.  You would never get it all to sync.  Please save your mental energy and don’t spend any more time on such schemes.  You need to go fully in with Sonos or give Sonos a miss.

All you need is the Arc, Sonos Sub and 2 x symphonisk that you seem to be proposing anyway.