Answered

Connecting Sonos to current home theatre

• 20 April 2021
  • 1 reply

So I have previously had a Sonos Connect for a long time as my way of playing through my Denon Av receiver. I used to have Russound but have since replaced that with 3 Sonos Amps powering in wall speakers with numerous Sonos 1s around the house. As the Connect is aged and doesn’t mesh with the new updates I would like to replace it. That said it would be nice if I could find a way to have my Sonos turn on my Av receiver like my Apple TV when I use the remote and then play music into the Denon say from a Sonos Port or Arc or whatever. I’m just tired of having to turn on my Denon and then change the input to have my Sonos music play in my living room.  I only use my Sharp Aquos Quattron LC-60LE832U as a monitor with the Arc HDMI feeding my Denon. So my Apple Tv, bluray player, and xbox are connected to my Denon. What are my options?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 20 April 2021, 18:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You cannot combine a Sonos Arc with a receiver. If you’re not set on a Denon receiver however, Onkyo and Pioneer sell receivers that interact with the Port (“Sonos Ready”). I do not have any experience with these myself.