Question

Connecting Existing Sonos to Receiver

• 8 January 2017
  • 3 replies

I have a projector, PlayStation, turntable, and Apple TV hooked into a receiver via HDMI. Is there a product that will allow me to use my Sonos network as the audio for all of this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Sonos PlayBar
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
well.... the answer may be yes... or yes, with a little work and some minor additional hardware...

It depends on the capabilities and specifics of your hardware. Can you provide make and models and that will let people find more details. Are you looking to replace your receiver and associated speakers? perhaps some details of your desired result would help as well.
If you have a Playbase or Playbar, you can set up surround rears and everything will be in sync with your other equipment. I'm not sure you can go beyond that, though.

If your receiver will output the optical out at the same time as the HDMI, it could work. Mine wouldn't, so I replaced it with this, and it works beautifully: http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=1336_1338&item_id=107107.