Answered

Connect Gen 2

• 5 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi Sonos comm ,    I have a Sonos 2 app with various speakers and Sonos boost, so all reasonably modern.    Looking to use a pioneer DJ 200 mixing deck , it would appear I could plug this into a Sonos Connect gen 2 (not 1 ) to incorporate my existing Sonos speakers ?  Want to try and keep the cost down as I know there is now the port etc , just looking at a short cut with compatible Sonos products as I can buy the connect fairly cheap (£200) off eBay ? Just checking b4 i buy the connect gen 2 , would seem fairly straight 4wd , this is for home fun only , not professional,  thanks peeps 🙏🙏 Tom 

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 5 February 2021, 10:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes, this would work, but it would also result in 70ms delay from source to Sonos (needed for buffering).

Thanks for your reply it is appreciated. In layman’s terms is possible to describe what 70ms would mean , presume a lag . Is 70ms (milliseconds )   Hopefully this shouldn’t make much difference to my new found mixing skills 🤪