Answered

Connect Amp adapter for apple airplay?

Badge +1

Hi,

I have an old Connect Amp that does not support Apple Airplay, wondering if there is an adapter that could be plugged into the input jack that might make it work? 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 1 May 2022, 05:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Some users have said the Apple Airport Express works well with the Connect:Amp for AirPlay. You can find a used one on eBay.

You can also AirPlay the audio to your Ones and then group the Connect:Amp to the Ones in the Sonos app.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

It’s hard to beat the AirPort Express 2nd generation at $35-45 used!  That is absolutely what you should get.  Details follow…

Avoid the first-gen Airport Express (wall wart style) which are starting to fail at this point.  (Something in the power supply corner, which is a bear to chop open; mine is trashies.) 

The Wiim Mini ($99) got a decent write-up on darko.audio and has Bluetooth receiver as well.  It seems to be better reviewed on Amazon than the Belkin SoundForm Connect ($99), which is the only other such AirPlay receiver device. But my Wiim Mini needed to be power-cycled twice in the past few months vs. my AirPort Express(2.gen) hasn’t been touched in years.