Question

CONFUSED about AMP upgrade

• 12 October 2020
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I have been using SONOS for several years.   I have a wired system connected to my older Amplifier and decided to add SONOS wireless speakers.    I purchased CONNECT and BRIDGE, whereupon CONNECT was connected to the Amplifier and I could control everything (the wired speakers and the SONOS speakers) through the SONOS App on my phone.   With the release of the S2 controller I decided to upgrade.  Neither CONNECT nor BRIDGE is compatible, so I purchased AMP, believing it was a newer replacement for CONNECT.   Unfortunately I cannot seem to add my older wired system to my SONOS controlled system. ??? What am I doing wrong? Have I messed up by upgrading?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

The Amp is the update for the CONNECT:AMP. 

The Port is the update for the CONNECT. 

The BOOST is the update for the BRIDGE. 

All of those upgrades are both S1 or S2 compatible, but not both at the same time. 

Without more knowledge about your system, I can only advise that the typical way to add Sonos to an existing amplifier is via a Port, where the analog input and outputs are connected to a tape loop. That Port can connect directly to your WiFi, or SonosNet via the BRIDGE for S1 or the BOOST via S2, or it can instead be directly wired to your router.