Answered

Compatibility Sonos Beam

I have purchased a Sonos Beam and very happy with it but unfortunately my TV will not connect as it does not have HDMI Arc or optical out. So I am upgrading my TV but Most TVs now seem to have HDMI EArc and not just HDMI Arc will my new Sonos Beam work with HDMI EArc?

Are there any TV brands that have issues that I should avoid.

Thank You

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 29 May 2021, 23:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

As far as I’m aware, all TV’s with HDMI-eARC have the option to revert the port to Arc - it’s just a software switch that you will hopefully see in the TV Sound out settings.

Here is a photo from my LG TV attached as an example. Maybe just check the TV user manual online before you buy.

Thank You Ken,  just don't want waste 500-1000k on a TV that won't work with it. She wouldn't happy.😉

Thank You Ken,  just don't want waste 500-1000k on a TV that won't work with it. She wouldn't happy.😉

Yes indeed, and if it doesn't work, it was really nice knowing you.👍 ha ha

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You could try telling the spouse that you need an Arc to go with your new TV and move the Beam to a different room. :-)