Answered

Compatibility

• 15 November 2022
  • 9 replies

I have a Sonos Arc and want to go surround.

Will the Sonos Mini sub and speaker set work with my Arc? It’s a smallish room.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 15 November 2022, 19:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, the Sub Mini and Ones (or One SLs) as surrounds will work with the Arc. But if you want more bass, consider getting the larger Sub.

I have a Samsung UN55J620D and want to go surround sound with the Arc, speakers and woofer.  Is my TV compatible with the Sonos product?

If your TV is HDMI-ARC or eARC capable, then yes.  If it has an optical output, then yes (although no atmos). 

Userlevel 7

I have a Samsung UN55J620D and want to go surround sound with the Arc, speakers and woofer.  Is my TV compatible with the Sonos product?

Your TV model is fairly old and I don’t believe it is equipped with HDMI ARC. So you will have to connect the Arc using the TV’s digital optical output. This will limit the ability to play higher quality audio formats like Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Atmos. You will be limited to Stereo PCM audio and possibly Dolby Digital audio at best.

No, my Arc no longer connects to my surrounds and Sub Mini after 14.18. Support has not been helpful either. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

pslw - not sure your comment relates to the question.  If your having an issue best to create a new thread for help.

And frankly, the more detail you can provide, the better. It’s hard when we can’t build a mental image of your system in order to provide as accurate assistance as possible. 

pslw - not sure your comment relates to the question.  If your having an issue best to create a new thread for help.

Completely related. I have an Arc, surrounds, and Sub Mini and Sonos decided to brick my system with 14.18 and be patronizing about it. Obviously shouldn't get surrounds or Sub Mini with the Arc as obviously they don't work, anecdotally speaking.

https://en.community.sonos.com/components-and-architectural-228999/surrounds-and-sub-mini-stopped-working-after-14-18-6876898?postid=16623706#post16623706

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No relation only frustration?